Living Room Decor Ideas
Are you looking for living room ideas to lift your spirits for Fall? The first thing I like to do when decorating for a new season is to obviously clear out all of last seasons decor. Make sure to check around your room or house and get rid of any summer florals that are lingering or tucked away in nooks and crannies.
I also like to clear major zones of decor completely so I can have a blank canvas. For example if I am decorating my living room I will clear off my coffee table and any side tables or dressers in the room.
How to Layout Wall Decor
Before I get started, I always grab a pencil, hammer, nails, level (small and large), and Command velcro strips.
Before I attempt to hang the wall decor up on the wall, I layout the pictures and decorative items on the ground. I like spacing out the wall decor about 2″ to 2.5″ padding between each item. That way I can visually see the composition of all items together. You can even take a picture so you have it on hand and use it as a diagram.
When hanging the frames or decor items on the wall, I start with either the largest piece and figure out where to hang it from there. If I like where it will go, I will also figure out where the nail will be and use the pencil to mark a spot on the wall.
After all items have been hung, I use the level and make sure each picture frame or decor item is level. Once each item is level, I use a Command Velcro Strips and add the strip behind each picture. On these frames, I put one velcro strip behind and at the bottom of the frame.
Shop Our Home
Wall Decor, Left Wall:
- Large Family Framed Wall Art
- Canvas painted print with gold frame, similar item
- Hand-drawn floral print, similar item
- Handmade butterfly sculpture
Wall Decor, Main Wall:
- Medium size floral painted canvas, sold out and bought at Target. I appreciate the colors, big brush strokes and gold frame
- Small beaded wood frame
- Small resin and wood inlay frame
- Butterfly and Mother vintage digital prints for both small frames
- Large canvas, I painted this with acrylics and used frames.com for the floating canvas frame
- Small landscape canvas painting with gold frame
- “Feels Good To Be Home“, wood sign
- “There is gold in every piece of your story“, leather sign with copper push pins
- Quilted Chambray Blue Pillow
- Velour floral print, not available but Threshold brand
- White linent and terracotta woven stitches, not available but Hearth and Hand with Magnolia
- Light green velvet, not available but Threshold brand
- Orange velvet, not available but Threshold brand
- Blue woven texture, not available but Threshold with Studio Mcgee brand
Other Decor Items:
- Table lamps, bought years ago from hayneedle.com
- Coffee table handmade from bowling alley floors and steel. My hubby made this.
- Loring End Table – Project 62, with USB chargers
- Small cast sunburst gold frame
- Small plant stand, bought at Walmart a few years ago
- Agate coasters, bought at Anthropologie
- Jute Rug – Hearth and Hand with Magnolia
If you unique handmade items are your jam like myself, check out Unique Handmade Holiday Gifts with Noonday. Also let me know, if you have any awesome decor finds that you have found. I’m always interested in home decor ideas and love to see other people’s work!!